Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Boy + Bot = Excitment

Over winter break I took some time to look for some new books to read in our class this term.  I have been following two educators on twitter who highly recommended Boy + Bot by Ame Dyckman for students.  The first day back at school I read the book and the students loved it!  I happen to follow the author on twitter and let her know how much we enjoyed it.







Today, a package arrived in our mailbox, one I knew was coming, but the students did not.  Ame was kind enough to send my students some Boy + Bot swag.



We spent sometime predicting what might be inside the package...was it a stuffy?  a copy of the book?  a different book?  We opened the package and we were thrilled with what we found inside.



We tried on the bracelets and examined the stickers and bookmarks.





The students wanted to say thanks and so we put a quick script together and recorded it. 


Thanks again Ame!  You made our day!
-Ms. Nairn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for leaving us a comment. We are always excited to hear from our readers!

Here we come the 2018-19 school year about to begin!

I am very excited to be teaching grade 3 again this year.  I have been fortunate enough to meet all my students already and I can't wait...

Blogs We Follow